Painting render

The professional in your first video is as asked in the comments section "Do you use peel stop on newly rendered walls and first painting or just repairs?" to which he replies "only when a surface needs stabilising. Sound render should be fine".

Even the "evidence" that you provide to back up your arguments contradicts you.

By your own admission, you "have no experience" but still insist that us tradesmen and manufacturers are part of secret cabal that exist to rip off customers, and then, bizarrely, you suggest that the only tradesmen that can be trusted are the ones that you find on YouTube.
You don't have to use a primer if you don't want to. It just means the paint job will fail. For a decorator, that is a good thing bringing in more business. Obviously not all decorators would choose to do that. Some would prefer a longer life for their work.

Here's a painter who didn't use primer and his job failed after 1 year:

Sponsored Links
You don't have to use a primer if you don't want to. It just means the paint job will fail. For a decorator, that is a good thing bringing in more business. Obviously not all decorators would choose to do that. Some would prefer a longer life for their work.

Here's a painter who didn't use primer and his job failed after 1 year:

I can't be bothered to watch that video. Reading the comments that the decorator in the video has replied to- he too says that diluting masonry paint for new render is more than adequate.

"Over kill using it on new render when it's a sound surface. Thinned down paint is fine, let it soak in." - Phil Beckwith The Professional Painter & Decorator

Feel free to continue making yourself look stupid- I am no longer going to waste my time engaging with you.

I am here to try to help people. I have no idea why you are here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzITowRxX9CUjj_2ul0l5IA

Sponsored Links
Follow the manufacturer's instructions.
They won't give you instructions and guarantee, otherwise they'll risk being sued and worse, being exposed as a company whose products are bad.
No conspiracy theory there.

Note to @mods... why can't we have a downvote button?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back