what car?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you had 20-25k to spend on car what would you buy?

It has to be a quick motor but still be good on fuel! When i say "good on fuel" i mean about 25mpg+ around town and maybe 35mpg+ on the m-way.

Sponsored Links
Audi A3 diesel auto sportback (I think that is what they call their estate). I drove the manual equivalent in Germany and absolutely loved it. Alternatively the best spec Saab 93.

Audi A3 diesel auto sportback (I think that is what they call their estate). I drove the manual equivalent in Germany and absolutely loved it. Alternatively the best spec Saab 93.

funny you should say that!

Thats at the top of my list at the moment, the A3, 3door, 170bhp Sline.

Does it have to be new ?
A year old BMW 335d or 2 year old 535d is a significantly better car than the A3 for £25k.
Alternatively get a BMW 330d for less.

Sponsored Links
Does it have to be new ?
A year old BMW 335d or 2 year old 535d is a significantly better car than the A3 for £25k.
Alternatively get a BMW 330d for less.

No not new! I would never by new as you lose to much money the first year.

And to be honest i would never have another BMW again. I have had M3,M5, 330ci, compact, and a new diesel one to, they have all been crap!

I do like the audi's , got a RS6 at present and a A3 1.9 Tdi (100bhp) the mrs uses, Just the problem is the RS6 does adverage 12MPG and i find the A3 a bit boring, hence thinking about the 170bhp version.

I like the HONDA civic type R. Thinking of getting that when ive paid off current car :LOL: :LOL:

forget the jap nonsense.

i would have a 135i coupe, im not entirely sure if they are available for under £25k though and i would probably wait and see if they make the tii version before i bought one. oh and i wouldn't buy it new either.

forget the jap nonsense.

Na the jap stuff is the best stuff :D

I have never had a good bmw, the audi i like tho. In fact i have a nice RS6 for sale at stupid cheap price, Here is the beast http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/566508.htm

Need to get shut of the thing quick tho as i now have a new motor waiting for me to pay for in a weeks time, unless someone on here can change my mind with something else?

Just the problem is the RS6 does adverage 12MPG

I think that's proof positive that you're enjoying it! :LOL:

Just compare the depreciation costs of a newer car with the fuel costs of the RS6. That might persuade you that keeping the 6 is a more economical option. ;)

EDIT: I just saw your ad... 500+ (proven) bhp, you're going to be disappointed with the performance of anything you buy now. Can understand why £40 a day in petrol isn't an option though... I never thought I'd say it but, looks like diesel is the way to go.

What sort of times and figures do you get, performance-wise?

0-60 4 seconds, quarter mile 12.7 and aparently 200mph top end but i wont be trying that! Not to bad for a car that weight is 2000kg! With every luxury you can think of, t.v etc, even the rear seats are heated with climate control!

The car is spot on for weekend end use or even a 10-15 mile trip to work, just im doing a minimum of 100 miles a day and it just costs to much to do this along with tyres, service etc! Plus the car has low milage for a RS6 so will be a shame to put loads on it.

Jeez, 12.7 second quarter mile?! That's the same as a Lamborghini Gallardo!! Although you can't stick an Alsation or a wardrobe in the back of the Lambo...

What have you ordered to replace the beast?

The new car is a beast, pushing over 650bhp, i dont want to jinx things so will keep my mouth shut at the moment about what it is! Really should not be getting it as i need to be doing more mpg really! Anyway i only have a week to buy the thing or it will be sold to someone else! so if i dont sell the RS6 this week i will be back buying a normal car!

The new car is a beast, pushing over 650bhp..
Ya blo.ody barmpot! :LOL:
Got a re-mapped 150bhp golf diesel myself - now about 190bhp and 300ftlbs torque - fast and about 35+ mpg round town, 45-60 mpg on Mway. Not in the same league as the stuff you're looking at though matt. :eek:

I would also recommend avoiding a BMW - had a 535 sport a few years back and was the worst car mistake I've made (apart from the TR6). :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back