What Car, Hmm???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

Please can you help. I'm looking to pick up a used car but not sure what to go for. I've a budget of around 5K and would like something medium size, 3 door, low insurance and good on fuel. I'm currently driving a Peugeot 206 Y Reg if this helps.

Anybody and suggestions?

Thanks
Kyle

Sponsored Links
Not sure about a vauxhall astra. I like the new shape but not to keen on the old shape.

Sponsored Links
Like th idea of the BMW compact but is the insurance not sky high with one of those bad boys??

Think I may have a look at the focus. Does anyone have any feedback on the megane? Saw a nice one on the road today.

Why don't you buy a dawwwwooooo sorry chevrocr*p lacetti as driven by Jamie Oliver last night on Top gear, now that would be a laugh, carn't stand a bit of off road, that no good for your local car thief, thinks good ideal no one would want to be seen is such a quality car( I use the term quallity adviseadly)
regards johnwr

Very true.... I'm actually saving for the Jag that mr clarkson was driving, only another £69k left to go. PS - All donations welcome...

Have a look at the Toyota Starlet Glanza, its an import of Japan but there are lots of garages around the country that have them. I have a Glanza V and I love it, picked it up for just under 5K, which some people is a lot for a 10 year old car but it has air con, climate control and lots of other accessories which other cars of its year don't have.

Its a 1.3 with a 2 mode turbo so you can have the economy of a 1.3 but hidden power for when/if you need it.

The insurance was a bit for me but that's because I haven't been driving a year yet. Toyota is very reliable and doesn't often go wrong but when it does its not kind.

Its worth a look, take one for a test drive if you get a chance. My other half is dead jealous.

EDIT: I'm the 'jealous' other half and I do think the Glanza is a nice car but nowhere near as nice as my project RS1800 Turbo is going to be :evil: It's getting there :LOL:

Good luck :LOL:

For reliability I'd say go for something Japanese (toyota). Good reliable stuff although its expensive when it does go wrong.

Love Toyotas - am on my 3rd. Be aware though that they have big issues with oil consumption on the VVTi 1.8 and 2.0 engines from 01-05, which needs a short engine replacement to fix it - lots of arguments for vehicles out of warranty. Headlights are a problem on new shape Avensis.
check www.toyotaownersclub.co.uk

That said - 2001 Corolla 1.6VVTi 5 door hatch - butt ugly from the back but the rest is superb. can fit a 6' x 24" timber panel with the seats down if required.

Try looking at SEAT or SKODA - You get a VW at a much reduced price.

FOCUS = great chassis but boring as sin to look at. (but that's from a man with a ugly-butt Toyota :) )

If you don't need lots of boot space you could look at a Citroen C1 - £40 per year road tax, 50+ MPG, lowest insurance group, and you'd get a brand new one with a 3-year warrantee for your trade in and about £5500 or so.

Sponsored Links
Back