What changes would you make to football?

Sponsored Links
Hand ball is had ball. If it's in the area regardless its a penalty.

Sponsored Links
I'm not an avid fan and my suggested change isn't to the game itself. What frustrates me is when watching games on tv and a goal is scored. Often, instead of just showing the viewer the goal normally, we get 5 different angles shown to us within a short period of time. Usually with the camera too zoomed in, darting this way and that trying to track the ball. Result? A flurry of shots that don't really show the viewer anything of substance. I'm unsure whether it's done to create extra excitement for the viewer and/or if the cameraperson/s are basically incompetent.

Zoom out a bit, stop with the frantic moving of your camera and maybe we'll get a half decent close-up of the goal and run-up to.

R (12).jpg

All teams to consist entirely of local players, say within a 20 mile radius of the City/Town centre.

Will stop all the idiots/muppets supporting and paying Homage to a big business, which by chance, is based where you live.

A yellow card for any player who wags his finger at an official when an obvious foul/offside is given against him.
A yellow card for any player blasting the ball at a defenders arm and claiming a penalty. (and a punch in the face for any fan claiming one, too.)
A dunce's hat for a player who slides in a reckless challenge and complains when he's booked. (read the rules, dumbass.)
A smack on the nose for any player who steps in line with a defender, then falling over to gain a penalty.
Any players caught in possession after passing the ball between them around the area will be fined their match fee.
Any player doing the 'ball up the jersey thumb sucking' celebration must be shown a red card.
Get rid of co-commentators. All they do is repeat what you've just seen on the telly and add zero interest to the game.

The problem is, and i fully support the things you guys are saying, but this would have to filter down to amateur and club football, so video stuff is difficult.... and wages, wouldn't help.... unless you mean tournament competitions?

maybe no offside from headers? or throw in?

and what if the ref had a laser pointer that would scribe an arc on the turf (like a laser level) 10 yards from where he pointed it? (i'm sure the maths is 'do-able') and if the wall didn't retreat, they'd have to go back 12 yards?

There's no offside from a throw-in already:rolleyes:
And ref's used to take the wall back for encroachment, though i haven't seen 'em do it for a long while.

If there is no winning side after the 90 minutes is up, then carry on playing full 15 minute periods until there is a winner (not "Golden ball" since the 15 mins has to be completed), and do away with penalty shootouts.

This would be a rule I'd like to see applied for every match in any team sport which could currently end in a draw.

Maybe more fun - they just keep playing, but every 5 minutes each team loses one player, until there's just 2 on the pitch if need be. That's guarantee a goal!

All teams to consist entirely of local players, say within a 20 mile radius of the City/Town centre.

Will stop all the idiots/muppets supporting and paying Homage to a big business, which by chance, is based where you live.

My mate Gerry told me once the entire Celtic squad were born within 11 miles of Celtic Park....

Sponsored Links
Back