What colour of system water should I expect after refill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Have done various jobs on my central heating which have required drain and refills, have always flushed the system a couple of times and then topped with inhibitor when done.

i've also used a cleanser a couple of years ago but i'm certain that was all flushed out. i flushed it, a few months later had to drain and fill due to a leaking pipe and last december had to drain and fill to add some rads.

I'm swapping another couple of rads and valves and fixing a leaky magnaclean so will need to do another drain and refill.

Even after flushing and filling it still comes out brownish, should I keep doing it until it runs really clear.

hopefully will not have to touch it again after this so just want to take the opportunity to get it dones as best as possible.

i'll be refilling with x100 and have a couple of test kits to amke sure it's dosed correctly.

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
Brown is not good. You are doing far too much emptying and refilling. Each time you do it, you are putting in new oxygen dissolved in the fresh water. You might need a powerflush, and check for other faults, such as pumping over or sucking down the vent pipe. Do you have to vent radiators regularly? That would suggest an underlying problem.

i hear you, defo too many refills and not totally what i had planned, hoping i won't need to touch it again after this one.

i don't have to vent the rads regularly and it's a sealed system.

i'll just keep an eye on it, cheers

Sponsored Links
don't have a photo to hand, but i would describe it as looking a bit like apple juice colour?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back