What do I need for a garage personnel door?

A placcy door will bow and warp worst than a wooden door, it'll suffer from awful droppage from those awful hinges.
No it won't.

It bloody will. They're awful and can have the panels booted out.
No it won't, I must be unique in that I've never had a plastic door bow on me. Or is this some kind of secret epidemic in the industry that your are not telling us about? Or is it really that you just don't like plastic doors?

I've seen loads and had a few with those terrible flag hinges, drop an angle and fail to seal properly.

I, personally, can only go on my own experience to know that if I ever went for another door, it'd be hardwood again, or composite, but never ever plastic.

Sponsored Links
I must admit, i have seen my fair share of dropped doors, but only because of a simple toe 'n' heel fitting procedure.

I wasn't aware of this when i first fitted plastic doors and had one of those 'eureka' moments when seen it done. So simple its laughable.

I have two fully glazed placcy fellas going into my connie which the kids regularly hang off and they simply can not drop because the glass actually keeps the door in shape due to the toe 'n' heel procedure.

Look, if the o.p. gets a placcy fella fitted by an experienced bod he will have a trouble free and maintenance free door for a number of years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back