What do you call these / where can I buy them?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_0028.JPG
I'm in the process of replacing an ancient leaking Sunvic Duoval 3 port valve. Rather than replace with the same thing I decided to replace with a standard spring return Honeywell valve and get rid of the large duoval relay box. Since the old valve had what appeared to be 3/4" connections, I bought the replacement Honeywell valve with 3/4" connections in the hope of not having to alter any pipe.

Turns out the 3/4" fittings on the Honeywell valve are different to the old Sunvic one, so I can't reuse the old 'nuts' (see pic) and the new valve didn't come with any...

What do you call these 'nuts', and where can I buy some that will fit a honeywell valve with 3/4" connections?

Out of interest, any idea what fitting the old valve is - it appears similar to the 3/4" on the Honeywell valve but is slightly different size or thread so won't mate.

Help much appreciated as I'm rather stuck now...

Sponsored Links
Change the valve you bought for a standard 22mm valve. Cut and remove the old olives and discard the nuts. Use the new valve as supplied.

Thanks, I did see those in screwfix but was trying to locate the equivilent of the 'nuts' in the photo. What you suggest will be plan B...

Sponsored Links
your sunvic valve will have had a relay box fitted , you can not just swap it out

I know the electrics are different and I'm OK with that side of things, just the plumbing causing problems - thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back