What do you guys think of this?

Sponsored Links
I have my own that I have gathered over the years. I keep them on my 8gig phone chip. I can email or bluetooth from there to any household computer. Just to be sure I carry a tiny sdmicro 4gig chip on a thumb drive on my keys. For belt and braces I fitted a bigger chip in my PDA with yet another copy of the MI's which I dont always carry but I can see a bigger picture than my phone.
I could take my laptop but usually don't as this town is full of thieving smackheads. I also have the facility to print some out and ring bind them.
For the ones I dont have; an email or phone call will get them very quickly from most manufacturers or this forum can be very useful.

Purpose of telling you all this is that MI's info can be crucial and the more chances of accessing it that you have the easier your life will be when you hit a snag or need some set up data.
I suppose the best way might be to carry an old cheap laptop [Something I plan on getting]

If you look through this forum one guy has posted these on a hosting site and if you have time and patience you can get those for free or pay them a fee for fast download.

Yea I might have alook. Worst comes to worst £5 isnt too bad.. Would come in handy somewhere down the line im sure

Im gunna order one me thinks...il let you know if theyre any good

Has anyone else got a set up like this? ie laptop in van?... Does it work?

Sponsored Links
I have been using a laptop set up for a couple of years now. Loads of M.I's at your finger tips and i also do the majority of my paperwork on it, invoices, receipts, quotes etc can be done at a customers house and all saved or emailed to the customer there and then. Hard copies can then be done at a later date if the customer wants.

Also find it very useful for tracking down part numbers for parts centre etc as this can save 1/2 an hour at the merchants!!

I wouldn't leave the house without mine now as it has become an invaluable aid. I would say it probably saves me at the very least and hour a day every day if not more!! Over a year thats about 10 days!!

Once you get used to using it as a tool of the trade there are no end of ways you'll find to use it! :D :D

The trouble is that when you have it stolen or drive off with it on the roof they you can be very lost!

Thanks for the reply guys. Goin to the merchants is what takes up all the time and hunting down part numbers etc

So i need to get the cd and have alook for a laptop!

I heard that BG engineers are all kitted out with laptops with similar programs

Just seen these on ebay. Looks like a gud idea 2 me?? Any1 have anything like this at the moment??

Just need a laptop!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=170309593349

I reckon they're a shabby piece of tat, slung together by some clueless, slippery, grasping wideboy who knows nothing about gas, who has no authority to reproduce copyrighted material and who is probably spamming every forum in the UK to shift his useless garbage.

You did ask me what I thought; now you know.

Those that can, do; those that can't are cants.

You're a cant.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-forum/2482-can-i-ask-gas-lads-what-they-think-these.html

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
So i posted a topic on another forum?!?!

Im trying to gather poeples ideas on them... If I was trying to hide that fact id have gone for a totally different username wouldnt I

"Those that can, do; those that can't are cants.

You're a cant."

What exactly do u mean by that?

i have used those products from ebay in the past,not really ok often the boiler model you want aint there.
i use www.themanualslibrary.co.uk i just download the makers instructions i want.
have a look at their front page,i have never been let down by them.
good luck.

I reckon they're a shabby piece of tat, slung together by some clueless, slippery, grasping wideboy who knows nothing about gas, who has no authority to reproduce copyrighted material and who is probably spamming every forum in the UK to shift his useless garbage.

my sentiments as well, some if not all is readily available the Worcester stuff you can get on CD direct from WB free. how up to date is the rest?

personally wouldn't bother

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back