what do you think to these new training courses ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi would just like to get some constructive feedback form some time served electricians ,

i am currently half way through a training programe that will earn me a 2382 17th edition regs installation, a eal vrq level 2 part p, and a 2392 test and inspection qual , honest and open opinions please on what standing these qualifications will provide me from an employment point of view , (good on tools etc) ,, have been told some employers tend to look down on "non apprentice style learning",, thanks :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Have you any practical experience. . There is no such thing as a 'part p qualification'.
You will probably earn apprentice rates until you are deemed competant.
Now is not a great time to look for a job in the construction/engineering industries.

Sponsored Links
part p is a guidance note as is part a , b , c , d , etc etc , the eal vrq certificate is an entrance level qual that incoporates and demands a certain level of knowledge concearning part p and other associated building regs,

although i do greatly understand the current squeeze on the building industry i must hold a positive veiw on this and look to learn as much as possible now whith one eye on the future , i do have installation experiance and would gladly work for an aprentice wage , i do plan on studying for the 2391-10 on completion of my current studies and understand the task of passing that,

i thank you for your opinion although not the most constructive ricicle

Pert P is NOT a guidance note, it's part of the building regulations and is therefore LAW..

there are not "Part P" courses, there are courses in electrical installation and these come in varying flavours of complexity depending on what you want to do.
you don't need ANY qualifications to comply with part P of the building regulations.
you DO however need to have a certain level of qualification to register with one of the schemes that allows you to SELF certify the work you do, otherwise you have to get the building inspectors to certify it for you.

i hear elecsa are the only ones that will let you register if all you have is part p

i hear elecsa are the only ones that will let you register if all you have is part p
I think that most ask for C&G BS 7671 so it depends on the part p course you do and the exam at the end.
The part p i did was only recognised by Elecsa at the time And possibly corgi but i do not do notifiable work anyway so not registering.

True - but that doesn't mean that it's not an inaccurate term whose use should always be challenged.

It only "means" it (i.e. it imparts an intended meaning) because of ignorance and improper thinking.

Someone can no more be "Part P", or "Part P qualified" than they can be Part A, Part B etc.

"Part P" is no more a qualification than Part M.

The fact that it is used that way, and that people know what is meant does not mean that it is not terminologically incorrect, and it does not mean that such use should be accepted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back