What does an Air Breaker box do on a Dishwasher?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hello all. Can you tell me what is a Air Breaker Box on a Dishwasher and what does it do please?

Just bought a used Kenwood Dishwasher KDW60s16 couple of days ago . Seems to be working fine - only thing is , annoying if anything, there is a groan noise at around 45mins left of a 90min cycle and I have the dishwasher pulled out at the moment and if I press my hand / fingers on the back panel the noise stops , - if i take my fingers away the noise starts again. I am wondering if this 'air breaker' box is in this area as well and connected with the noise?.

Also- could be totally irrelevant, but i will ask anyway just in case its connected in any way, the dishwasher has a very bad smell of stale water , or how a dirty mop smells after a while , must be bacteria. - things I have tried so far is to put on 2 intensive washes , and that finish dishwasher cleaner and the next time with a bit of bleach .. and the smell is still there and stinking out the kitchen, will the smell eventually go? - the filter is crystal clean, the door shuts are clean. I think it was laid up in a shed/garage for a while before we bought it and maybe they stored it with the door closed?

Any info gratefully received (apart from go out and buy a new dishwasher lol - looked at the price of them! )

air breaker dishwasher.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back