What does RSF mean ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Might be a really stupid question and I've done a search but .....

I've got the option of a Worcester Bosch 28i boiler. They seem to come in two flavours - the normal one and a cheaper RSF one.

The saving is around £150 buying an RSF version but what is the difference ?

Ta
Dom

Sponsored Links
If you are planning to use them in a domestic property you will find they have not been kosher under building regs since April 05.

Hmm that could explain the lower price of the RSF version. Bummer.

Hey ho - I'll keep on looking out for a decent priced combi.

Hmm that could explain the lower price of the RSF version. Bummer.

Hey ho - I'll keep on looking out for a decent priced combi.

Have a look at the vaillant ecotecpro 24 or ecotecpro 28. ;)

Sponsored Links
Still very tempted by the Remeha 28kw combi at £700 all in but my installer would prefer the WB

If your installer is a WB guy then let him fit a WB as that's what he's familiar with. . . . .

Perhaps, not being a WB man, I am completely stupid, but I always thought RSF was just 'room sealed flue', as opposed to balanced flue :confused:

Still very tempted by the Remeha 28kw combi at £700 all in but my installer would prefer the WB

For the last 6 years we have always preferred WB boilers.

We now stay clear of their gas/oil boilers, this came around when customers starting having boiler failures very soon after installation.
Failed Pcb,s, failed fans, failed diverters are happening to often, and their build quality is shi*e
(mind you, in our area, their 3 service vehicles are kept busy) :LOL: :LOL:

We have looked at the Remeha as an alternative, and was well impressed with the build quality and the ease of installation and servicing. Remeha come with 5 years part warranty.
As soon as we finish installing 3 oil heat packs, the next gas installs will be Remeha's.

(WB only give 5 years if installer fits 25+ boiler in 1 year) :cry:

Perhaps, not being a WB man, I am completely stupid, but I always thought RSF was just 'room sealed flue', as opposed to balanced flue :confused:

Baxi usually use this for Room Sealed Fanned flued

No contest the Remeha is 10 times better than the Worcester.

If you're trade and want a bargain PTS are doing a special on Alpha combi's.

No contest the Remeha is 10 times better than the Worcester.

If you're trade and want a bargain PTS are doing a special on Alpha combi's.
Blimey - you're not kidding. That HE33 is an absolute steal.

Just got to find someone in the trade to pick me one up now :(

They will more than likely sell to you at whatever price without being trade

Hmmm having a flick through - there is only a 1 year warranty on the Alpha HE33 but at that price you could get a contract with Gritish Bass for servicing etc for a couple of years and not pay any more than the WB boiler.

(WB only give 5 years if installer fits 25+ boiler in 1 year) :cry:

At the moment they are giving five years warranty on every Greenstar installed before 31 DEC to every WAI regardless of the number of installs.

I've only really been fitting WB this past year,mainly 37 & 42 KW CDi combis but I've been very impressed thus far with all aspects of WB's setup.

I fit less than 25 a year BTW.

Tony.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back