What does this device do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Does anyone know how this small round device work?
It has an arial point and a satalite point from what looks to be 1 wf100 wire.
To be exact 2 wires in 4 points out.
Does the devise split the signal?
View media item 78583
Thanks fore the help.

Sponsored Links
They're known as diplex or diplexer plates/outlets but the one you've got is a triplexer with a secondary feed.

Somewhere in the house is an aerial distribution amp (or at least a space where one used to be ;) ) that takes in feeds from the TV aerial, FM and DAB aerials and, in this case, possibly two satellite feeds as well.

One cable carries a signal containing the radio feeds, the TV aerial feed and one satellite dish LNB feed. A second cable carries just the LNB 2 feed.

The diplexer plate is a filtered frequency splitter. The outputs on the plate are filtered by frequency; so the FM/DAB doesn't output TV or Satellite frequencies. The exception is the Sat 2 output. It may or may not be filtered but it's a direct throughput from the Sat 2 cable.

diplexer.jpg

Thank you so much.
I was having such a problem finding any info about them.

It's because you're missing the front plate. They look like this normally

Quadplex.jpg

Sponsored Links
Seriously thank you soo much for the help.
At least now I can just extend the cable and fix one of those plates to the wall.

Again many thanks.

Tom

You're welcome. If you want to thank me or anyone else who helped you in these forums then use the THANKS button on EACH useful post. It cost you nothing but a second of your time. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back