Digtal TV Sender

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to be able to watch a tv in a room that currently doesnt have an arial point and fitting one will be a pain as it would mean pulling up the wood flooring. I have had a look around and seen these TV video senders http://www.3wisemonkeys.co.uk/proddet-withship.jsp?id=1759&cat=36#null but got a few questions about them,

1. Can I just plug the sender bit into the TV arial point or would I also need a TV connected up from the sender ? I ask because I only have 1 TV so when I want to watch it in the room where there is currently no TV point I'm just going to be moving the TV from the room that does have a point ?

2. How do they work with remote controls ?

cheers

Sponsored Links
Senders don't normally have an aerial socket and TV tuner of their own. They need to be connected to something with a TV tuner (a Freeview box) or signal decoder (a Sky box) to act as a source signal.

The connection from the tuner box is usually SCART. The connection on the sender is usually composite phono (yellow) and stereo audio phono
red & white). Depending on the sender they may or may not come supplied with cables, but most do.

The connection at the TV end is the same but in reverse - phonos on the wireless receiver to SCART on the TV.

The better quality wireless TV links also relay remote control signals back from the display end to the source end. The receiver box connected to your TV has an infrared eye to pick up the signals from the remote. The transmitter box in the living room will have an infrared emitter on a wire that can be stuck near the infrared receiver window on the Sky or freeview box. This means that a freeview remote in the bedroom can control a freeview box in the living room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back