What exactly is this Makita for?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
It's for driving TEK self-drilling screws which are generally used in metal - stuff like metal lath studding to plastic-coated galvanised steel profile, the stuff they use to clad industrial buildings these days. TEK guns are often slower than drywall screwdrivers (up to about 2500 rpm - moderm drywall guns are often 4000 to 6000 rpm) and have a different nose piece. Some (all?) Makita TEK guns can be converted to drywall guns (depth sensing) by replacing the nose piece

ive had 1 for about 17 years GREAT bit of kit,and ive used it for putting door frames and the like in.
good price you paid for it,i paid 25 quid for mine at a boot fair,
iirc they still sell them in screwfix for about 120 quid.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that guys, dare I say its as good as an impact driver for medium screws and you can't go wrong with £25.00.

One of those hidden gems on ebay that everyone else seemed to miss.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back