What finish to put on timber breakfast bar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting a 1500mm dia circular brekky bar made and the supplier has offered a furniture finish sprayed lacquer on it for £50.

I thought that this sort of worktop should be finished/protected with oil, several passes and continually maintained?

Wood is Ash.

Any advice on this please, thanks...

Sponsored Links
The lacquer will probably be either a 2-pack catalysed finish or possibly a one-pack pre-catalysed. Either way it is a moisture-proof and wipe-clean solution

Would it be same as a decent floor varnish? I used water based Ronseal Diamond coat on boards and is a great brush mark free finish. Have loads left and if it's like for like then I'd rather use that??

Sponsored Links
The end result wouldn't perform any differently IMHO. If you'd been asking about finishing it yourself I'd probably have recommended Dulux Diamond Glaze or Sadolin (both floor lacquers) - either of which would cost £40 or so

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back