What fitting for the U Bend to stop leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My pipe under the kitchen sink is just a push fit, and so keeps coming dislodged and leaking everywhere. What is the best answer to solve the issue?

Sealant?
Tape?
Some sort of threaded fitment?

Any advice would be welcomed.

Please see image attached.

TIA

Attachments

• ACBA29DD-5169-4912-8E40-B41E7A03606C.jpeg
    ACBA29DD-5169-4912-8E40-B41E7A03606C.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 103
Sponsored Links
1. Its a complete bodge. Looks as if a new sink with higher outlet has been fitted, the old trap wouldn't fit and, at a guess, silicone and a piece of waste pipe used to bridge the gap.
2. The trap looks like a Mcalpine WM11.
3. The big white plastic nut below the brass nut is meant to fit onto the spigot from the sink, with a rubber washer in between to create the seal.
4. In your case this would make the outlet from the trap too high to match the waste out pipe going through the wall.
5. You need to modify the waste out pipe to terminate further up.
6. I'd suggest doing the modifications then replacing the trap with a new WM11.
7. If the sink is an IKEA one, or of unknown origin, I'd suggest making sure the WM11 will fit to it before doing anything. You may need some sort of metric / imperial conversion item.

1. Its a complete bodge. Looks as if a new sink with higher outlet has been fitted, the old trap wouldn't fit and, at a guess, silicone and a piece of waste pipe used to bridge the gap.
2. The trap looks like a Mcalpine WM11.
3. The big white plastic nut below the brass nut is meant to fit onto the spigot from the sink, with a rubber washer in between to create the seal.
4. In your case this would make the outlet from the trap too high to match the waste out pipe going through the wall.
5. You need to modify the waste out pipe to terminate further up.
6. I'd suggest doing the modifications then replacing the trap with a new WM11.
7. If the sink is an IKEA one, or of unknown origin, I'd suggest making sure the WM11 will fit to it before doing anything. You may need some sort of metric / imperial conversion item.

If No. 7 then you want
https://mcalpineplumbing.com/plasti...ings/s12a-fc-european-uk-waste-outlet-adaptor

Sponsored Links
Agreed it’s a massive bodge job. I am fairly certain it’s a new kitchen and not sure from where it was purchased. I will do some investigating and get working on it. Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back