What flue do I need?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a Worcester 38cdi combi. It is in the garage and the flue is vertical. Straight out the flat roof.

I’m building a false pitch around the garage to make it look better (front faced pitched and tiled, back vertical and clad), but the vertical flue would now be inside the pitched roof.

What I need is a new end bit of flue that turns 90^ So it can come out the back stud wall of the pitched roof.

I’ve looked at flues online but am unsure what I need. Suggestions appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I suppose you have to be registered gas safe to enquire about a part. If I were to go to the plumb centre or screwfix, they too would have to keep this a secret from me. A bit like James Bond, need to know. God knows what they’re doing selling this stuff that any joe could walk in and buy.

Although your reply insinuates you are looking out for my safety, which is commendable, did it not occur I might be looking for the part for an appropriate person to fit? Kind of how the forum runs really. Someone is unsure of something, poses a question and others who may know will kindly answer. If we were to adopt a trade only mentality then the forum wouldn’t function overly well. Might as well have the plumbing and electric sections closed to everyone who can’t prove gas safe or part p credentials.

To make your reply look less snide, you could have suggested a part and informed me that you need to be gas safe to mess with boilers and flues due to dangers of working with gas and carbon monoxide poisoning. Or if you don’t know the part or couldn’t be bothered to answer, just post nothing. But you did, which has made you look a bit daft.

did it not occur I might be looking for the part for an appropriate person to fit?
Fact remains an appropriate person would know what to get rather than the end user supply the wrong part and waste his time

@pilsbury Giving advice to DIYers (or potential DIYers) about what might be needed to alter a flue is prohibited on this forum, as it is classed a gas work. Dan has therefore helped as much as is permitted here, and I shall do the same - your installer will know what is needed, and will be able to obtain the required parts for you. They'll also be able to advise on permitted flue terminal locations, as you can't just stick it anywhere, and the required permanent access for future inspection of the joints

I shall get info from a fitter.

Was unaware the rules for offering advice on anything gas related.

Have you got the installation commissioning and service instructions for your boiler,it will show various flue set up's with measurements,limitations and flue positions.

It will give you an idea of what is available you can have a measure up but thats about all you can do.

To make your reply look less snide, you could have suggested a part and informed me that you need to be gas safe to mess with boilers and flues due to dangers of working with gas and carbon monoxide poisoning. Or if you don’t know the part or couldn’t be bothered to answer, just post nothing. But you did, which has made you look a bit daft.

I shall get info from a fitter.

Was unaware the rules for offering advice on anything gas related.

now who looks a bit daft ;) , also your engineer will sort that and stop penny pinching ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back