Vertical Flue Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps

I’m taking out a Worcester Greenstar tomorrow amd replacing it with an Ideal.

The existing flue is vertical and runs through the attic of the bungalow and terminates near the ridge on a pitched roof.

The new flue will follow the same route.

I’ve never fitted a vertical flue before, I have bought all the parts as per Ideal’s advice but I’m not sure how the new lead tile etc will work with the existing hole in the roof.

Has anyone got any advice that might help?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I am gas safe registered, I just haven’t ever fitted a boiler with a vertical flue. I imagine you were lucky enough to have fitted one before you fitted one for the first time. Thanks for the help though.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
I am gas safe registered, I just haven’t ever fitted a boiler with a vertical flue. I imagine you were lucky enough to have fitted one before you fitted one for the first time. Thanks for the help though.
Questions like this are best asked in the combustion chamber part of the forum, likely to receive the correct response/information there. @cross thread is a good answer. @ianmcd is a sound fella, just like some of us and won’t give gas advice on an open forum. Offset might need to be the same too.

Im really sorry and I totally agree with you, I accidentally posted in the wrong forum. (Small phone, crap eyesight).
When I get home and on a pc I’ll delete the post and copy it to combustion chamber. Thanks for pointing out the mistake!!

Im really sorry and I totally agree with you, I accidentally posted in the wrong forum. (Small phone, crap eyesight).
When I get home and on a pc I’ll delete the post and copy it to combustion chamber. Thanks for pointing out the mistake!!
No need for apologies, we all make mistakes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back