What fuse and cable are needed to install Zanussi oven ZOB20701XA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I did have an upright double gas oven and hob (Cannon Cambridge), but was talked into getting a built-in oven by a mate who was helping me replace my kitchen worktop. He explained that double gas ovens are very rare, and that typically people get a gas hob/electric oven these days. So I bought a built-in Zanussi gas hob and Zanussi electric oven (ZOB20701XA).

I'm in the process of connecting the oven to the electrics. I cannot find what type of fuse I need for the mains plug. Does anyone know what size fuse I need in the mains plug?

I also am concerned that I use the correct type of cable. Does anyone know what sort must be used? I was thinking of simply using some else power lead I had lying around, but that might not be sufficient for the oven cable.

I also note that user manual says this "UK and Ireland only. This appliance is fitted with a
13 A mains plug" but no plug came with the unit." The manual also refers to 15A and 20A plugs.

upload_2019-11-10_11-1-17.png

Does not using a qualitfied electrician invalidate your home/contents insurance should something go wrong?

So any help appreciated! Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Not sure if doing the job affects your house insurance, but the instructions are too vague & you are obviously not competent enough to do it yourself so get an electrician in, as it could be more complicated than you imagine and it may well need it's own dedicated circuit.

The instructions are saying that the oven should be fitted with a mains lead with a plug that has a 13a fuse fitted which if blows should only be replaced with a 13 a fuse it also tells you the mains lead should be 1.5mm min

There is no mention of 15a plugs or 20a plugs the instructions are saying that the oven should be on its own circuit with a cable size of no less than 2.5mm which should be protected by a breaker of 15a (16a?) or 20a

The instructions also say that this oven comes without a mains lead or plug.

Seeing as it's clear you know nothing about electrics as just using any old cable is really not a good idea you need to get an electrician in to sort this for you

And reading the instructions properly is generally a good idea too.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back