What happens when system boiler cylinder water gets cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you don't use a system boiler for a week or so I presume the water in cylinder would get cold. What's the best way to get warm water renegenrated. What's the process.

Sponsored Links
Silly question.

The the system boiler heat the water in the boiler and take it through to the cylinder. Or is the water heated physically in the cylinder

The water circulating through the boiler passes through a coil in the cylinder and heats the cylinder's contents. The boiler water is not the same as the hot water used to fill your bath.

To answer your original question: set the timer so Hot water is on.

The boiler will turn on, heat up the boiler water which will heat up the water in the cylinder. In about an hour - depending on size of cylinder, etc - the cylinder water will be up to temperature, normally 60C, and the cylinder's thermostat will turn the boiler off.

Sponsored Links
Super.

Also another question. Is it possible to know via the boiler what tempreture the the cylinder thermostat is on?

My hot water is not hot enough. I think it's to do with the thermostat. I changed settings to the highest in boiler setting

Solved it.

The thermostat was connected to the control panel. It should have been connected to the boiler

I assume you are talking about the thermostat on the cylinder. The cylinder thermostat is not normally connected directly to the boiler

1. Do you have a vented or unvented cylinder?
2. How many motorized valves do you have, and which type? (see in pics)

Can you post pics of the cylinder and "control panel"

This is a new 627 boiler. It didn't even need the control panel! It has 2 motorised valve which are not even controlled.

It wasn't set up in the ideal way.

I was told by vaillant advance to take the NTc wire directly to the boiler. They said the thermostat wasn't connected properly and it was just getting tempreture from boiler

Attachments

• IMG_8669.JPG
    IMG_8669.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 137
Plumber struggling with vr66 install vaillant

Welcome back.....

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back