What have I done!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon folks, hope all are well.

Well here goes, I been having problems with my heating/hw system, being very noisy/banging.
tried airing rads, but no good, thought it might be a blockage/sludge.

So got some sludge cleaner/remover, and followed the instructions.
tied ball cock up, drained water from release valve outside house, poured in the cleaner/remover, untied ball cock, and ch tank filled up with hot water. Then aired all rads, switched on boiler, and still noisy and banging, with the boiler now restarting every other minute. gave it an hour and tried airing rads again.

Still got hot water probs and very noisy system, now getting no hot water through to the rads, although the ch tank is steaming hot!

What have I done!!! :( :?:

I tried calling out a plumber in the first place, but had to cancel him, due to work shipping me to london one day, then for the next time to be sent to newcastle.

Now got no heating, and very little hot water. should I get some CH rage, and just smashed it all up, and feel a little better for it, until the weather gets cold again :eek:

Sponsored Links
you need to have a look at your pump mate I dont hink its running and the noises you hear is the water in the boiler boiling cos it aint circulating

Might have an air lock, i had a similar experience i put the 3 way valve on hot water only for a bit, c/H only and a mix. All of a sudden i heard loads of water rushing, bubbling in the pipes and after 5 minutes everything was fine.

good luck

AL

AL said:
Might have an air lock, i had a similar experience i put the 3 way valve on hot water only for a bit, c/H only and a mix. All of a sudden i heard loads of water rushing, bubbling in the pipes and after 5 minutes everything was fine.

good luck

AL

could be but I still think the pump as it was making the noises prior to drain down and refill and from the sound of it it drianed down and filled quite readily.

still say look at your pump mate :LOL:

Sponsored Links
You said you put a cleaner in but you have not mentioned flushing it out. Flush out you sytsem re-fill and check the rotation of your pump.

COG said:
You said you put a cleaner in but you have not mentioned flushing it out. Flush out you sytsem re-fill and check the rotation of your pump.

before you do check the instructions as to how long its should be in for

if you have just introduced STILL check your pump first as it will run with sludge remover in the system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back