What heating system to have?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought a 2 bedroom house and we have totaly gutted it. I have re-wired it and now ready to put the heating in. It has no heating system at all so we are starting from scratch. We had a plumber and a builder in and one suggested a combi boiler and the other mentioned a megaflo.
We dont want a boiler in the kitchen because our kitchen is quite small and we dont want to loose the cupboard space.

Can someone please give me a brief description of whats involved with a megaflo. Where it goes, what tank(s) you need and the advantages of it.

Thanks...

Sponsored Links
2 bedroom house and i pressume 1 bathroom ? .. defo go for a combi as long as you got good mains pressure and flow rate.. Megaflow would suit a bigger house with 1 1/2 bathrooms plus. Combi is cheaper and easier

Megaflow doesnt use tanks, its a mains fed unvented cylinder.. you dont need one

Lee

2 bedroom house and i pressume 1 bathroom ? .. defo go for a combi as long as you got good mains pressure and flow rate.. Megaflow would suit a bigger house with 1 1/2 bathrooms plus. Combi is cheaper and easier

Megaflow doesnt use tanks, its a mains fed unvented cylinder.. you dont need one

Lee

You will also take up a lot more space witha megaflow as the tanks are not small and youll also need a boiler where as witha combi thats all youll need!!

Sponsored Links
You will also take up a lot more space witha megaflow as the tanks are not small

Megaflow is not fed via tank, you dont need tanks.. fed straight from the main..
just go for the combi.. get yourself a worcester bosch 24i greenstar, great little boiler considering space is an issue

You will also take up a lot more space witha megaflow as the tanks are not small

Megaflow is not fed via tank, you dont need tanks.. fed straight from the main..
just go for the combi.. get yourself a worcester bosch 24i greenstar, great little boiler considering space is an issue
I meant they will be having to have a Cylinder (megaflow) and a boiler ... Im agreeing with you :LOL:

When I said tank I meant hot cylinder(megaflow) .. My fault for not being clear..

i thought you thought that lol.. it would just look confusing to someone who doesnt know !

Lee

True :LOL:
Been a bad day mate as no sleep last night :rolleyes:

Where in Luton are ya ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back