What Hoselock adapter do I need?

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hoselock reel.
Somehow a side adapter has gone missing.
I don't know what it's called.

See the picture below:
nolCu3.jpg

Is it one of these:
Fe36or.jpg

I went into B&Q. All of the adapters attached to the same reel type I have where grey?
Rather than buy the above item - which costs about £4, I can get a pack of 4 attachments for the same price or less, one of which looks like this part.
(Might not be hoselock make, but it's just a bit of plastic right?)

I'm hoping someone can tell me what the part is I need.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hozelock parts catalogue: https://www.hozelock.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/33675-001-Watering-SPARES-2017.pdf?x97923

You will probably find it is a 5/8" connector, most of the DIY stores don't sell those, only the 1/2" and 3/4" threaded connectors which will not fit.
I wanted to replace the connector on my hose reel recently (and the one on my pressure washer) for brass ones and I had to order online.

This is the one I got: https://www.amazon.co.uk/C-K-G7915-62-Threaded-Connector/dp/B000TAWAYK

Cheaper plastic one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001OXGWUO/ref=emc_b_5_t

Last edited:
Mike thanks for that.
The brass looks OK.
The plastic part... I can't see how this will fit into the gap - this needs something that is 3mm thick on the outside wall (hope that makes sense).

ALL Hoselock reel carts have a thread which stick out.
APART from my one which is sunk in.

I went to B&Q the other day.
There was a kind lady (working for B&Q) who told me to take one off an existing unit. (She looked over her shoulder making sure no one was watching.)
I said thanks so much, that's so kind of you. I'd prefer to pay for it + I don't want a new buyer to take home and find missing.
LOL.

The part in B&Q wasn't on sale - everything else was as a spare part.

Confused.

ALL Hoselock reel carts have a thread which stick out.
APART from my one which is sunk in.
The things which spring to mind are that either a) it has slid in and you can therefore pull it out, b) that's the side the winding handle goes, or c) it has broken off. Obviously we can only see one side in the photo so I have to assume the handle is underneath. If it has broken off it is a very clean break so that seems unlikely and looking closely it appears that the thread can just be seen and that it needs pulling out.

Sponsored Links
@Mike10 when i become prime minister, i'm going to give you a knighthood for your services to mankind.

the damn thing pops out! i put my finger in and pulled and it came out. DOH!!
i actually tried this before i read your reply so already had he answer - but i'm still going to give you a knighthood and a bag of gold for your kind services.

thanks mate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back