Hoselock fittings, still doing battle

My female fittings screw on until they hit the sealing washer, remove the washer and they easily screw on further. The male adaptors, will not screw into the females more than a couple of turns. These are three different adaptors, all from my box of a motley collection of hozelock type fittings and adaptors.
There are fine thread and coarse thread version of adapter, sounds like you are trying to fit a course thread into a fine .

Sponsored Links
There are fine thread and coarse thread version of adapter, sounds like you are trying to fit a course thread into a fine .

Maybe, I have now taken the chance of ordering some, which claim to be 3/4 BSP, so I'll find out, when they arrive.

Maybe, I have now taken the chance of ordering some, which claim to be 3/4 BSP, so I'll find out, when they arrive.

They have just arrived, and they screw in absolutely perfectly. Comparing to the ones which jam part way in, I cannot see the slightest difference at all, in pitch thread, depth, or taper.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
They have just arrived, and they screw in absolutely perfectly. Comparing to the ones which jam part way in, I cannot see the slightest difference at all, in pitch thread, depth, or taper.
Could just be manufacturing process? Glad you’re sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back