What Insulation would you use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We moved into a new house a few months ago, and though not to bad at DIY (6th house in 11 years and each one a bit of a shed when I got there!), I need to insulate the attic space in this new one.

Now the previous owners have biult 3 rooms up there of which we only use a small part for storage and the rest is dead speace. The floors are all nice and boarded out with stud walls on top. Idealy I would like to tear down the walls, rip up the floors and put insulation inbetween the floor boards but this is a missive job and not worht doing. Also the exit/entrance point is through a hatch door and pull down ladder!

SO what I was thinking of doing was just putting some foil bagged insulation on top of the floor and where we store stuff, just build a small raised platform above the insulation.

Is this OK to do and what would be the best insulation to get the best results. Though cost is important to me, I have happily used Kingspan on other jobs and found its thermal properties to be great. The big problem I have is that I only have a 70*70cm hole to put my insulation through!
Thanks
Adam

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back