What is an Autoclave ??

GTA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Indesit WD12 is not filling with water.

The handbook says the AUTOCLAVE might be malfunctioning. I rang a local spare parts dealer and they have never heard of it. They say it might be the inlet valve or solenoid.

Has anybody any ideas ??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
An autoclave is a machine for sterilising things at high temperature.

That washing machine doesn't even appear to have a boil wash programme. If it was a Miele I would not be surprised if it had an autoclave setting for sterilising hospital laundry etc!

I suspect it's a mistranslation from the original Italian?

The fault appears to be related to water pressure and I would agree that inlet valve / solenoid is likely.

Does it spin if not check motor brushes. This will cause it to not fill and not do nothing.

Sponsored Links
If the door locks and does nothing ie fill or spin moter brushes are worn. It takes the netruel sully from the motor and breaks the supply. That's why u should check them first

Thanks rocks

I have checked the brushes. They look ok, there is about 3/4 inch of carbon left.

I know it means nothing but I have checked the PCB and it is bone dry with no sign of any burns or damage.

Do you think the inlet valve/solenoid is the probable fault.

By the way I rang Hotpoint tech services and asked them what an Autoclave was. They were pretty useless, the girl who answered said she didn't know but I had better make an appointment for an engineer to come and tell me.

I declined and kept persisting until I spoke to an engineer myself. He eventually admitted that an autoclave is in fact an inlet valve.

Cheers

Does it fill on the rinse prog will it spin when put on spin only. Does the door lock. You may think this is silly questions but will help me to help you.

The door locks ok. It doesn't fill on rinse or work on spin only.

When programme selected and start button pressed it doesn't fill, after 5 secs the programme dial just spins endlessly and the red light stays on permanently.

Motor has had it, time for a new one.

Hi Rocks

The PCB must have been confused last night (just like me)

The symptoms have changed. When we tried it again today it fills with water but misses the wash cycle. The programme dial spins and the red light flashes twice.

It spins, rinses and drains ok

Cheers

That code means fo2 motor triac. That's on the pcb,motor has taken pcb out. Expensive.

So your saying new printed circuit board required.

On the Indesit web site it just shows error codes f10 to f51, where do you get 1 to 10 from.

No error code goes to 51 it goes fo1 to f15 error codes on this forum same as hotpoint.

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 18:42    Post Subject: hotpoint washing / dryer machine error codes wf/ wd models
Error Codes

f01 light 4, motor triac
f02 light 3 motor, jammed/ tacho
f03 lights 3&4 Ntc fault
f04 light 2. pressure sw stuck on empty
f05 lights 2&4, pressure sw stuck on full
f06 lights 2&3, N/A?
f07 lights 2&3&4 heater relay
f08 light 1. heater relay
f09 lights 1&4 eprom/setup error
f10 lights 1&3, pressure switch not sensing
f11 lights 1&3&4, pump/draining error
f12 lights 1&2, communication error
f13 lights 1&2&4, dryer ntc/ fan motor
f14 lights 1&2&3, dryer heater
f15 lights 1&2&3&4, dryer heater relay
f16 N/A
f17 light 4, door lock
f18 light 3 comms error (3 phase motor) power board

So in this instance with the second light flashing the error code would be f04 light 2. pressure sw stuck on empty

Sorry, I am getting a bit confused now.

The list is on about lights 1 to 4 but there are only two. The on/off power light and the heater light.

It's the first one that flashed twice every 10 secs. You said earlier that f02 was motor triac (whats triac by the way). The list says f02 is motor jammed/tacho.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back