What is an Eco-Fill toilet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to buy, online, a dual flush toilet.
I'm getting confused with what is what.
What is an Eco-Fill toilet? Is this always dual flush?
Does 'close coupled' mean a pan with a cylinder attached?

Thanks

SGC

Sponsored Links
Close couple - yes.... Pan and cistern directly attached to one another.

All bogs are now dual flush. Which has a double meaning.

Dual in the sense that you have a choice between small and smaller flush.

Dual in the sense that any significant logs will need double flushing, negating the point of an "efficient" loo in the first place.

"All bogs are now dual flush"?
I am looking at some sites with 'traditional' toilets, with flush handle. They cant be dual flush can they?
But, back to the question, what is Eco-Fill?

Ta

SGC

Sponsored Links
And the question about traditional toilets with flush handle being dual flush, please?

Answer- they could be with a syphon that short flushes when handle released then long flushes if handle held down :idea: As it happens I'm a '54 baby and was plumbing from 1970 - Best bog I've ever seen is a Wickes "bog in a box" what I've got here @ home . I can hold the short flush button down a tad and flush away no.1 with about a pint of water and no. 2 goes with a short flush 90% of the time :!: All this for c. £80 but it needs a decent seat fitted ;)

Answer- they could be with a syphon that short flushes when handle released then long flushes if handle held down :idea: As it happens I'm a '54 baby and was plumbing from 1970 - Best bog I've ever seen is a Wickes "bog in a box" what I've got here @ home . I can hold the short flush button down a tad and flush away no.1 with about a pint of water and no. 2 goes with a short flush 90% of the time :!: All this for c. £80 but it needs a decent seat fitted ;)

Yey, '54 Rocks especially Geminis.
I am being forced (because they have the bath I want) to buy from GnomeFace (sounds like).
I don't have a store closer than 80 miles so can't check it out. Do you think their Traditional toilets may be dual flush?

Eco-fill toilets don't start filling until the cistern had emptied, thereby either saving you a tiny bit of water or depriving you of some a small amount of flush volume, depending on your point of view

Anybody live close to a GnomeFace to go ask about if 'Lincoln' is Dual Flush?
Called their support line but they didn't know!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back