What is benefit of 2391?

rjb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my situation.

Changing careers, fed up of working for others blah blah blah!!

Doing 2330 level 2 now, level three next year and in between will fit in 2381.
The idea being, will then do some major and minor works for NICEIC part p competent person. buy my own megger stuff, get 2 million insurance you know the rest and away I go!!

But, I might be missing something. Can somebody explain in simple english what benefit 2391 would be to me. ie how would I make the money back :?:

Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
2391 is a qualification in inspection, testing and certification of electrical installations to BS7671. It will help to prove competence as required by the electrical at work regulations. If you want to just do DI with the NICEIC you may not need this qualification, however if you want to go onto bigger and better things it is a good one to have in the hat. Other schemes require the 2391 (or that you will obtain it within a set timeframe) in order to join.
One thing tho with the 2391, it is aimed at people who are already in the trade doing this sort of work. It isn't an easy qualification, there is something like a 30% pass rate for the written (closed book) exam.
Next year I believe the 2381 will become the 2382 and the 2391 will become the 2392 in line with the changes to the IEE regs.

AFAIK Napit require you have the qualification

NICEIC don't make it a requirement but you have to be s*it hot at demonstrating a knowledge and practise of inspection and testing

A lot depends on your experience

As for cost benefits - you may not be able to compete for work where full scope or approved contractor status is required.

Sponsored Links
Do the course - it will really help to cement your knowledge, afterall you'll be doing lots of testing as an installer anyway.

In the longer term, I would even consider resitting it, just to refresh my brain

SB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back