What is Boris Johnson's gameplan?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boris Johnson has a simple goal: Boris Johnson as PM for as long as possible.

So possibly he wants to force a vote of no confidence, which if he wins guarantees him the rest of the fixed term, but with a majority of 1.

But his goal must be a general election, which was clearly his plan from day 1: get an increased majority and a full term in parliament.

So I reckon Johnson will be announcing a GE

What about Brexit?

No deal is the only option left, but the chaos from no deal does not fit with his plans to be prime minister.

He would cancel Brexit if it suited him, but I cant see a way he could do that - if he did it after a GE with a bigger majority he perhaps could -the big jump in the pound and return to stability would give him huge power as a PM.
The problem with that is he has a load of Brexit believers he would have to ditch

Sponsored Links
He would cancel Brexit if it suited him, but I cant see a way he could do that - if he did it after a GE with a bigger majority he perhaps could -the big jump in the pound and return to stability would give him huge power as a PM.
Mystic Meg

Sponsored Links
And..is that unusual then? ..Most PM wish to be Pm short a tiime as possible do they?
No.

Most PMs have some level of integrity, they want to do what they believe is in the countries interests not their own.

Back