what is problem with this boiler, any ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It is a potterton prima b. pilot lights fine but when fired up on any setting the burner will cut out shortly after with pilot staying alight. There is also a radiator that has leaked from one of the valve joints, I have corrected this and re-filled.

Anybody wish to share their opinions?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It all depends on what happens next! Does it come back on again after 20 min?

At first sight it would be a failed pump causing the boiler to heat up and go off on its thermostat. So check pump and flow and return temperatures at the boiler.

Tony

i dont think it comes back on, it does not heat up enough to go off on thermostat, it cuts out before. i tried on hot water only also and it runs for maybe a minute then burner cuts off.

It could have several causes many of which are gas related.

The advice would be to get a registered engineer to diagnose the fault.

First you should be sure the flow pipe does not fully heat up.

What difference does turning the boiler temperature control?

Tony

Sponsored Links
no noise as such, like i say there was a large leak from a radiator. the burner only stays on for about 40secs on central heating, is that enough time for it to fully heat up?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back