what is the best downlight

I had a similar issue in my new kitchen with vaulted ceiling. I went for a combo of pendant over dining table, 4 spotlight fitting over worktop and wall lights. Gives a nice balanced light

Sponsored Links
I had a similar issue in my new kitchen with vaulted ceiling. I went for a combo of pendant over dining table, 4 spotlight fitting over worktop and wall lights. Gives a nice balanced light
She doesn't want spotlights or wall lights, just somthing flush with ceiling!

Sponsored Links
To be fair and I know this is a traditional downloight but this is one of the nicest I have come across. It can be fitted in a 47mm ceiling void!! It is insulation coverable, fire rated, has a 60degree beam and is rated at lasting 40000 hours (most seem to be 25000)

https://www.downlights.co.uk/aurora-mpro-downlight.html

Indeed and when it doesn't actually last anything like that you need to replace the whole thing as it does not have replaceable lamps. Most probably a matching one won't be available by then and you will have to replace the whole lot.

Indeed and when it doesn't actually last anything like that you need to replace the whole thing as it does not have replaceable lamps. Most probably a matching one won't be available by then and you will have to replace the whole lot.

Yep agree. However even if this only lasts 25000 hours that's still around 10 years at 7 hours use a day... Which seems like a lot of use a day. Plus led bulbs are almost as much as an entire unit anyway. What's the alternative.

Nobody seems to like these things at all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back