what is the best insulation to use between rafters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our loft is very cold on a windy day you can feel the air gushing through. the floor is insulated with rockwool I am not sure what to use in the rafters to make it warmer and stop the wind coming through.
I have seen leaflets about variou foil wraps (superquilt) i dont know whether this would cause condensation. or should I just normal insulation on a roll and pack it in between the rafters.

I would appreciate any feed back, thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
The roof above the ceiling level insulation is supposed to be draughty, you don't need any insulation between the rafters.

I was not aware its normal to have a draughty loft. :unsure:I thought we had a problem!! thanks for the feedback, it has saved me alot of work.

Sponsored Links
I was not aware its normal to have a draughty loft. :unsure:I thought we had a problem!! thanks for the feedback, it has saved me alot of work.
"Ventilated" is probably a more accurate word than "draughty". Ventilated so that any moisture or condensation can dissipate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back