What is the best NON Condensing Combi Boiler on the market?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of any good non condensing boilers - energy efficient as possible?

(I have been advised it's not possible to install a condensing boiler and that the condensing one I have fitted should be removed as it is not possible to install properly per building regulations - I don't want to go into the whole story but the bottom line is I need to get a normal boiler ).

I want to find a good non condensing boiler, energy efficient as possible and also low wattage for the electrical part. The current condensing boiler is 170 watts but uses several units of electricity per day. I can't understand why it is using so much electricity.
It might use less gas but the overall energy use is quite high.

I am having problems finding a non condensing boiler on the internet. I have found only one called Riva and it doesn't look very good.

Does anyone know of any good models? Ideally I want vallant but can't find any non condensing.

Sponsored Links
(I have been advised it's not possible to install a condensing boiler and that the condensing one I have fitted should be removed as it is not possible to install properly per building regulations

Carp!!

with multiple flue designs and condensate pumps it is near impossible to be unable to fit a condensing boiler

(I have been advised it's not possible to install a condensing boiler and that the condensing one I have fitted should be removed as it is not possible to install properly per building regulations

Carp!!

with multiple flue designs and condensate pumps it is near impossible to be unable to fit a condensing boiler

Agree 100% Shoemenders

Sponsored Links
(I have been advised it's not possible to install a condensing boiler and that the condensing one I have fitted should be removed as it is not possible to install properly per building regulations - I don't want to go into the whole story but the bottom line is I need to get a normal boiler ).

Are you sure you are allowed to install a non-condensing boiler under current building regs?

The reason you can't find any 'non-condensing' boiler on the internet by a reputable manufacturer is that under current building regs Part L.... you cannot install them.... hence the reason they have all stopped making them

What is the whole story??

(I have been advised it's not possible to install a condensing boiler and that the condensing one I have fitted should be removed as it is not possible to install properly per building regulations -

In a word, nonsense.
You can pump the condensate to a waste connection.
You can vaporise it into the flue outlet on some boilers.

Get a decent installer, might cost a bit more than you like, but so be it.

Er......why bother condensing then? This is just daft :rolleyes: It will take all the energy you thought you had recovered, to vaporise the condensate.

I have never met so many arrogant self indulgent know it alls in my life.
Very shocked by the ignorant replies. And you are rude!

If you don't know the answer to my question show some respect and do not reply.

You are ignorant people with no education who think you know it all and always have something negative to say. You don't know anything. and what you or your mate thinks is irrelevent.

You are talking as if it is illegal to install a non condensing boiler.
I have to remove the condensing one I bought 2 years ago end of story.
I am not saving money by doing this.

The only reason I am asking is because it's difficult to find them on the internet. I want to check them out first before somebody fits one to make sure I have the best one. Money isn't an issue and my life and flat is not your business. I thought people would just recommend a few models.
There are cases where it is appropriate to fit them and it is legal to do so.

Bengas which current and in production boiler puts the condensate outlet into the flue.

Oilman . If you do not understand this basic concept read up on it before you slag the poster, but then again you believe a plume shows when a boiler is in non condensing mode. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anakaday i cannot believe you are having a go at the pros on here who know every scenario about thewhys and where fors about fitting a boiler. They are actually very clever people who know how to type with there heads right up thier ar@es.
Non condensors arewidely avialable try mr CENTRALHEATING T

I have never met so many arrogant self indulgent know it alls in my life.
Very shocked by the ignorant replies. And you are rude!

If you don't know the answer to my question show some respect and do not reply.

You are ignorant people with no education who think you know it all and always have something negative to say. You don't know anything. and what you or your mate thinks is irrelevent.

You are talking as if it is illegal to install a non condensing boiler.
I have to remove the condensing one I bought 2 years ago end of story.
I am not saving money by doing this.

The only reason I am asking is because it's difficult to find them on the internet. I want to check them out first before somebody fits one to make sure I have the best one. Money isn't an issue and my life and flat is not your business. I thought people would just recommend a few models.
There are cases where it is appropriate to fit them and it is legal to do so.

You give very little information as to your requirements. However, this should meet your needs with a little in hand:

http://www.hamworthy-heating.com/pr...108&PMaction=product_view_details&RecordID=79

Er......why bother condensing then? This is just daft :rolleyes: It will take all the energy you thought you had recovered, to vaporise the condensate.

I never looked into it, but I suppose it works the same kind of way as a leakdetectionspray; doesn't take a whole lot of energy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back