What is the best shower to buy for use with a combi boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a combi boiler and a Mira electric shower but it is not very powerful. What is the best shower to buy? I know you cannot have a 'power shower' with a combi but I am wondering if there is a shower that gives a more powerful one than the Mira.
Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Any thermostatic mixer, which takes hot & cold directly.

Electric showers are limited by the relatively feeble power input, typically around 10kW. Most combis are 30kW or more.

Sponsored Links
another way of looking at it ? maybe?

if your combi go's down no hot water no heating at least with an electric shower you have some type of back up ? for hot water

If u are thinking about renting a prop out with a combi ? than imho an electric shower is advisable ???

Thanks for all the tips. It's a Housing Association place so if boiler breaks down it will be repaired by them. I don't mind getting another electric shower if I can get one more powerful.
Any recommendations?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back