mira 88 shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is a mira 88 mixer shower suitable for use with a combi boiler?mixer was originally tank fed but obviously wont be if we change to a combi,just wondered if we needed to change mixer.thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
it wasn't designed for combi use.

you may find you have trouble stabilizing the temp.

thanks for quick reply,have neighbour who has same shower as me and since he changed to a combi the cold supply doesnt shut off properly and keeps running from shower head he has replaced seal but still has same problem is this because shower is not designed for combi or does seal just need replacing again.

i asked mira this a few yr back when people where changing from gravity to combi system.

they advise to change to a combi compatable thermo mixer as the mira 88
will just be constant problems on a mains pressure system..

Sponsored Links
thanks very much for your help, you have saved me a lot of messing around,i was going to pull it to bits and look at it for him,i'll just fit new mixer for him now instead

I know a few Mira 88's running fine for a few years now on combi's. Mira officially say they are not for use for Combi boilers but are acceptable for mains pressure (ie unvented DHW). Personally I can't see why they should work fine on Unvented but not running off a combi seeing that modern combis are fully modulating and deliver DHW at a constant set temp.

Perhaps someone has reason they are not suitable for Combi's or is it a Mira ploy to sell a new shower when a customer upgrades to a Combi?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back