What is the most powerful shower i can install using a combi

Many thanks for all these replys. we will have a mains fed system so the electric one mentioned is out so i think its back to a combi one and a good combi boiler with a high flow rate.

Can the mains pressure be boosted at all if it turns out to be low or is this something that is unfortuanately fixed by your supply area?

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for all these replys. we will have a mains fed system so the electric one mentioned is out so i think its back to a combi one and a good combi boiler with a high flow rate.

Can the mains pressure be boosted at all if it turns out to be low or is this something that is unfortuanately fixed by your supply area?

The pressure is fixed. The flow can be improved on your side by having a full bore stoptap and a dedicated 22mm pipe from stoptap to the combi. Nothing teed off this pipe except the cold to the shower just before the combi. Any fluctuations around the combi will act on both hot an cold to the shower.

stujamuk said:
If you have the space to house an accumulator then you could increase your effective mains pressure/flow. Frankly, you'd be better off with a break tank, so if a good shower is really important then don't buy a flat. Sorry.

stujamuk said:
If you have the space to house an accumulator then you could increase your effective mains pressure/flow. Frankly, you'd be better off with a break tank, so if a good shower is really important then don't buy a flat. Sorry.

A break tank and pump is an expensive, noisy and poor idea. An accumulator is passive simple device. I don't think you have had any experience of accumulators to reach your conclusions.

Sponsored Links

The pressure is fixed. The flow can be improved on your side by having a full bore stoptap and a dedicated 22mm pipe from stoptap to the combi. Nothing teed off this pipe except the cold to the shower just before the combi. Any fluctuations around the combi will act on both hot an cold to the shower.

Thanks, this seems great advice I will look into the pipe bore and get a decent flowing combi and hopefully I will be sorted with a pretty good shower.

Thanks Again

Personal insults which mean you are wrong and lost it.

Also, over the last ten days...

Another monkey on the tools.

You are so dumb it is beyond belief. ....
...IN short an uneducated oaf.

...another uneducated trollop.

You are totally and utterly witless.

Elliot, when they are beaten they always resort to personal attacks.

The Chav of the west speaks his mind - a simple one.

You are from Essex. Do you have a bald head and tattoos?

Personal insults which mean you are wrong and lost it.
I presume that's some little ditty that you've taken to heart after being hauled over the coals by site admin.

Just don't think you can eradicate months of being a complete a*se by pretending to be capable of taking the moral high ground. You're fooling nobody.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back