What is this hinge called, and where can I get a new one?

Sponsored Links
The new hinge arrived. How do I go about drilling the 2 new holes in the door (yellow arrows)? Thankfully the two new middle holes line up with the 2 old outer holes. I can't open the door enough to get a drill at the right angle. Will I need to take the whole door off? And should I replace the other 2 hinges? I ask because that website suggests "We always suggest changing all the hinges at the same time to ensure the geometry of the hinges works together."

Sponsored Links
Why is it wrong? 4 holes instead of 3? If that is the problem, do you know where I can get one with 3 holes?

Apart from the holes it does seem like the right dimensions to be used with that door and the bit of the hinge which is screwed to the wall looks like it has the same number of screws etc. and size.

But I've never done this before so could be wrong ...

Last edited:
Yes I ordered the ERA challenger. I didn't order the WEL because it didn't have this box bit at the end of the hinge. Does that box bit not matter?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back