What is this used for?

Sponsored Links
Main isolating valve has to be the screwdown type cm. ;)

Yes get it repaired or replaced. These are more designed as a tempoary isolating valve, ideal for wc's or header tanks when you want to change the ball valve etc.

They also restrict the flow as internally they are only about 6mm diameter.

Sponsored Links
Did you find any hoof prints on your drive after the plumber installed the "valve"? :rolleyes:

Suggest you get a good plumber in to change the existing stopcock (or even service it). Can be done without getting the Water Company involved by someone who knows what they are doing.

giblets said:
Did you find any hoof prints on your drive after the plumber installed the "valve"? :rolleyes:

Suggest you get a good plumber in to change the existing stopcock (or even service it). Can be done without getting the Water Company involved by someone who knows what they are doing.

dont think the punter had any one in giblets, just asking about his stopcock

corgiman said:
Softus said:
Main isolating valve has to be the screwdown type cm. ;)
Does it??
No, it doesn't. :oops:

That was me showing my age - I was remembering them there auld bye laws, whereas the current Water Regs permit a spherical valve as the main isolating valve.

In an attempt to distract from my unforgivable error, what do you think of this valve - click on the image and read the poorn - raw sex innit?

I know - it's too much isn't it?

The bit that had me literally suppurating with desire was this:

Arrow Valves said:
The BV209 has a serviceable PTFE spindle seal with gland nut. The nut can be tightened or the seal renewed in service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back