isolating valves in central heating leg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just in the process of putting new rads and pipe work into our two bedrooms. The problem is I can't do both at once as we wouldn't have anywhere to sleep. I was thinking of comleteing one side and the refilling the system, just in case the weather changes all of a sudden and completeing the other room at my leisure. Is it acceptable practice to use isolating vales for this instance (these http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=100121&ts=62354&id=13483 but preferably full bore so as not to affect the flow?

MOD

edited to correct link

Sponsored Links
Don't worry about them being full bore - the extra resistance is utterly insignificant - but do worry about the quality - some of the cheaper ones are prone to leak around the spindle when used on heating systems.

Sponsored Links
Very handy for putting into systems of customers who look like they might not pay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back