What lever switch is this for?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI all

Just opened the cupboard under the sink, and adjacent to water sink, there is another cupboard where old hot water boiler is. The hot boiler was not functional since we moved in, so never even knew where it was.

I just found it, and there is a lever handle beside the boiler = not sure what it is for.

The copper pipe is for Gas, but the lever handle seems not connected to the Gas pipe.

The lever used to be horizontal position but I up it up to vertical position (ON) for the photo taking.

On the top of the pipe where the lever is attached, it looks like saying "MOP IF ...." couldn't make out the rest due to wear and dust.

Any one recognise what the handle is for? Thanks.
Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 15.49.21.png

Sponsored Links
That is an old gas service, probably dead now but dont take the chance, it is not doing anything now, if you want it removed you need someone to do it for you that is qualified to do so

I would say that is the original meter position. The gas supply has been replaced, and I am guessing your meter is now outside. The pipes have been joined to run from new meter position. That pipe with the lever valve is the original Emergency Control Valve, and should now be dead. Just ignore it, unless it is in the way of your plans.

Yes, the gas meter is on the wall outside of the house now in a locking box.

Thank so much for your info.

We are going to replace the old immersion heater just next to the switch. Glad to know it is not to do anything with the heater. Cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back