what makes a good Electric shower?

Is it the kw number im looking at,

Basically , yes, if it`s electric the higher the kilowatt the better the shower in a nutshell. ;)

Sponsored Links
thanks, i ordered a 9.8 one last night, but just got email saying its out of stock! :cry:

I have found an 11kw one, which i might order later on

I have found an 11kw one, which i might order later on

11 kilowatts will be a mega electric shower, I have a 10 kilowatt which is brilliant, as long as you power it with the right cable, not gonna bore you, you obviously know the script. ;)

Sponsored Links
THANK YOU!! :D

You are welcome, I fit thermostatic showers weekly and find them so temperamental, I keep getting call backs because its not hot enough etc, it`s a balanced shower and depending on how long your hot water has been on will depend on the temperature of your shower! I know combis are supposed to be ok for some thermostatic showers, but I don`t agree. Give me electric anyday, at least you are guaranteed lovely hot water no matter what. ;)

Also remember that the more expensive ones are thermostatically controlled I believe where as the cheap ones are not.

just remember that the installer is not responsible for faults on items he has not supplied, so if it fails, you will have to sort it out with your supplier.
I don't see what your 3 children have to do with you boiler, I doubt that any of the resident experts were involved in supplying those.

Also remember that the more expensive ones are thermostatically controlled I believe where as the cheap ones are not.

thermostatically controlled electric showers? where are they being sold then??

Mira ATL, Mira sport thermostatic. I think they have some additional temperature compensation internally for when someone else draws cold water, they react quickly to prevent any uncomfortable fluctuations

Hi there,

You can still have an electric shower if you prefer it to the pumped/thermostatic. However, the feed for the electric shower must come from a mains fed pipe. In my experience though you'll get a better shower stronger flow/temp from a pumped thermostatic, although they can be a bit noisier when the pump is running, and a little bit more disruptive to install. If you opt for pumped thermostatic, make sure you have a plumber take a look at your cylinder & loft tank to ensure they are of a sufficient capacity to run a pumped shower from.

So, electric: easier installation / endless hot water / quieter
Pumped thermostatic: more complicated installation / hot water limited to cylinder capacity / noisier depending on pump location.

Hope this helps

Gary

Mira ATL, Mira sport thermostatic. I think they have some additional temperature compensation internally for when someone else draws cold water, they react quickly to prevent any uncomfortable fluctuations

they would be thermostatic as opposed to electric showers ? do you know the difference between a thermostatic shower and an electric shower :?:

Don`t be shy just raise your hand in front of a whole nation of website users and say `` I`m a tw*at``. Nothing to be ashamed about. Good for you, builds confidence..

http://www.mirashowers.com/onlineca...316&prod_num=Advance+ATL&cat=Electric+Showers

http://www.mirashowers.com/onlineca...hermostatic+9.8kW/+9.0kW&cat=Electric+Showers

I used to use the Advance in care applications. It was the first thermostatic electric shower on the market.

Thanks swbjackson :) As far as I am aware an electric shower is just the description of how the water is heated unless you wish to tell me different (Mr Gas Pipe).

Thermostatic just means that there is a mechanism inside whichever shower you choose to quickly regulate the temperature to a set level (when flow changes due to fluctuations).

Thermostatic just means that there is a mechanism inside whichever shower you choose to quickly regulate the temperature to a set level (when flow changes due to fluctuations).

These are electric showers, :oops: ;) with one feed from the mains, thermostatic showers have two feeds, one hot , one cold usually balanced if installed correctly. :oops: Have a nice day.

There are two main types of dedicated shower on the market. Mixer and electric. Both are available in a thermostatic version.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back