what material for final finish

sk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

I am planning to build a coffee table of approx. 110cm x 70 cm. I am hoping to give the top of the table, a finish that looks like granite or quartz. I don't want to spend in buying a real granite slab.

Have you seen the black quartz worktops in MFI or B&Q with the silvery bits on the surface. That is the kind of finish I am talking about.

I found one solution, i:e; using the fireplace back inserts. But they come in the sizes of 930mm x 930mm or 1.3m x 30cm.

I am just hoping some one can tell me what material to use and where to get it.

I need a 110 x 70 cm sheet to use as the surface over an MDF or plywood board.

Thanks for help.

sk

Sponsored Links
sounds like you need to use formica , you might be able to buy smaller sizes but ive always bought them in 2400 by 1200 mm , expensive as well :eek:

Sponsored Links
Hi Carpenter Les

I had a look on their site. I just can't find anywhere you can buy small volumes. I don't mind buying the size you mentioned as I can always use the remaining bit for something else.

What price are you talking when you said expensive?

Also, other idea I have is to use vinyl sheet [i:e; flooring material on a piece of MDF and cover it with glass.

But I am having trouble finding places to buy glass as well. Any help !

Ta
sree

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back