What mini roller sleeve for gloss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a mini roller, its about 4" wide it came with two rollers one is foam and the other is like a sheepskin type of thing. Which will be the best for doing a flat door and its frame with gloss. Here is a picture

P1000909.jpg

[/img]

Sponsored Links
The foam is for gloss.. Apply with roller to an even coat. you are now left wih a stippled finish , to get rid of this you need to get a 3" brush and lightly but quickly draw the brush over the paint usually from bottom to top of door.. this is called laying off.
Think you might struggle with a mini roller on a standard flush door, usually use a 9" mohair which will do a flush door in a matter of minutes.. Though to be fair if you only got one door this might not be practical...

I'm presuming you using solvent based (oil) gloss?

good luck....< ;) >

Thanks, job done today. I never done it myself, my son did. you were right about the orange peel effect but going over it with a brush was not needed. What we found was that if you let it dry for a short while then go over it with the roller, with a feather touch. The orange peel look goes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back