gloss roller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
These gloss rollers are alright for doing big areas like doors.l'm undercoating all my doors but will not get them done in one day so what's the best way to keep the rollers ok without having to clean them out everytime which is messy.l have wrapped them in a plastic bag before but they seem to go hard very quickly.

Sponsored Links
You can leave it in water, though if left in water then u need to spin the roller out due to excess water, prior to using it again. However, leaving in water DOES have its limitations aswell, as the roller can create an skin over the gloss, though this usually takes about 3 days (depending on weather)........................................

Thanks third eye, but how do you spin the excess water off as these mini rollers don't seem to spin like the large rollers do.

Spin them out on a piece of wood, outside in your garden. Making sure nothing is close that could get oil based paint on it i.e. clothing, finish bricks, patio etc.........

Sponsored Links
If it'll fit, why don't you take the roller off the handle and leave it in the tin? I've done that before and it keeps almost indefinitely. (Obviously you need an amount of paint in the tin.) ;)

Good idea, neva thought of that "gcol". Though i have done this with Dulux Duette rollers/cages.............................

I do that with paste rollers..just be careful when your pushing them back on :mad:

Hehe, also have yeez ever smelt paste that has been left mixed over the weekend. Then BANG the smell in monday morning is minging......... :mad:

well I found clingfilm keeps it wet for a few days.

The roller I mean :LOL:

I used to dunk me brushes in water and scrape em out next day but never don it with a roller.
Bit like gycols idea I keep empty old paint /adehsive tubs with resealable lids and leave brushes and kettle in the tub, airtight. so keeps for days ok. I know I'm a lazy git............. :LOL:

I usually add a small amount of thinners (white spirit) to the roller tray, and wrap the tray & roller in a plastic bag with an elastic band around the handle, making the whole thing fairly air tight.

Works for me.

Or buy one of these...

ppuk_product_DP037_90x90.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back