What paste?

B

Brigade77

I'm a time served P&D, probably one of the last of the true 'apprentices', but I haven't lifted a brush since a bad accident 30yrs ago.

The house is in need of an upgrade & now I have the time I want to get back into it.

I've just done a ceiling with Super Fresco & despite my skills & patience, the joints have all opened up with a few loose edges. From memory this is caused by the shrinkage of the paper when drying, made worse by crap paste?

I have vague recollections of being taught that only a starch based paste should be used & specifically remember only ever using something called Lap. Is this the Polycell stuff I find on the net?

I apologise for using Solvite All Purpose, it won't happen again.

Sponsored Links
I must admit that I have never used Lap. I normally use the cellulose Solvite powder stuff but your post piqued my interest.

Yes Lap seems to be the better choice. I must try it out one day.

Polycell seems to sell a lap paste as do Azko Nobel, the parent company of both Polycell and Dulux- in fact they look exactly the same.

https://www.manomano.co.uk/wallpape...ycell-lap-all-purpose-adhesive-5-roll-1326518

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back