What pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having the plasterers around tomorrow in preperartion for our gleaming new kitchen.
Have noticed that there are 3 pipes sticking out of the wall, 1 is capped and 2 are not. I need to know what the pipe is so i can get more caps.
Anyone any idea what it is..i.e.....old gas, old water etc.

Thankyou in advance

View media item 36500

Sponsored Links
If all the pipes are the same, could you take off one of the caps and take it along to a plumber's merchant to get a match?

That assumes the two capped pipes aren't "live" of course.

"Malleable iron" rings a bell somewhere in the back of my mind.

They're called "iron" even if they're made of brass.
the bit in the left end iis a PLUG.
A cap has female threads/

Sponsored Links
Ive taken a cap off and the pipe is dead......I am having the kitchen fitted this weekend so need these caps now basically, have taken a look at Plumb centre etc around here in Essex and no-one seems to do them, I can get them online but am not too sure of the size for 1 and also I need them now for 2!!
I know they are dead pipes but feel sirta funny leaving them just open......am I just being paranoid?

Having the plasterers around tomorrow in preperartion for our gleaming new kitchen.
Have noticed that there are 3 pipes sticking out of the wall, 1 is capped and 2 are not. I need to know what the pipe is so i can get more caps.
Anyone any idea what it is..i.e.....old gas, old water etc.

Thankyou in advance

View media item 36500

It is a black iron FxF elbow with a Black iron tapered plug fitted to one end, as for size it could be 1/4" 3/8" or 1/2".

Take a wire brush to the sides of the fitting 99% of these bends have the size stamped on them!! - don't know what sort of Plumbase you have been to all the ones I know in Essex would be able to sell you what you need!! ;)

If all the pipes are the same, could you take off one of the caps and take it along to a plumber's merchant to get a match?
Let's hope the "capped" pipe isn't live either. :rolleyes: Pretty bad bid of advice.

Let's hope the "capped" pipe is live Pretty good bit of advice of done it mi sen like that loads of times to cut corners saves mi time nd Me can get back to hoss tiyed up outside .

Shame on you Ben I thought you more professional ! :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back