What PIRs are these

Top of the class, Mark :) Thought the CK DT's would catch people out!

Clockwise from top left: Optex/Wonderex FX-35 (shocking tamper switches!), DA Comet B-12, C&K Sytems 8660, C&K Systems DT335, Securis D30, C&K Systems DT440s, Alarmcom IR220B.

They all still work too!

Sponsored Links
fx 35s super detectors securis terrible ( made in britain ) they had the worst tamper the the round metal tube that briged the pir pcb front and so so so many holes in the rear case.........lol

The tamper switches on them were cheap and rubbish. They're OK until you take the lid off them most of the time. Once the lid's been off and back on, they tend to go high resistance soon after, resulting in a call back! Usually just change them now if I need to open one. The current Optex sensors have much better quality switches in them.

Sponsored Links
fx 35s super detectors securis terrible ( made in britain ) they had the worst tamper the the round metal tube that briged the pir pcb front and so so so many holes in the rear case.........lol

The IFM passives had the same tamper as the Securis... terrible idea!

Agree on the FX-35. They very rarely FA. As I said, shame about the poor quality tamper though.

The lenses would crack too as they were too convex.

used to fit hundreds, never had any problems with them apart from front lens splitting with age then the spiders get in, stuck with the optex (rx 40s ) ever since.

Hi,

If anyone is interested (for old times sake lol) - I have gone through my garage and dug out what's left of my PIR collection from my alarm days in the late 80s and 90s and filmed them. I did this for a friend that was interested int them and shared for everyone to view.
Some of these detectors are featured. There are quite a few of them!

Not sure if I can put links, but if you go to youtube and search for "mrmattandmrchay racal gemini pir" then you'll see the second video.

If anyone has some oldies then I'd be interested to film them too! I'd pay for postage. Especially interested in ultrasonics, but must be from before 1990 (REAL oldies like the IR772, and those that you see in PART 1 - like the Ademco 650!!!)
I see some now and again on ebay, but people want £15 for them - wtf!!!!?

Matt

That arrowhead ? Detector I think was made by ASD security at Rotherham that makes security lights, that's what I was told in the late eighties .... I could be wrong !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back