What places from your childhood would you love to revisit?

Sponsored Links
i tend to deliberately NOT go back to any location that i really enjoyed in my youth , as most of it now has just been built over around and really tends to spoil that nice memory i have of the place - did that a few times years ago , and was so disappointed , large fields and woodland - now a housing estate , old manor estate i used to play in the woods - now an Art college .......

When I was 20 I travelled around the Sinai Peninsular, it was under Israeli control at the time after one of the wars, whichever one preceded 1976. We were sleeping on beaches or wherever we found shelter, we had two objectives, one was to swim with sharks at Ras Mohammed on the southern tip, the 2nd, if we survived the 1st, was to climb Mt Sinai through the night to watch the sunrise from the top.
One of our overnight stops was a long beach in a bay, it was the weirdest place, there was a narrow concrete promenade with ornamental street lamps along the full length and and the farthest end, there were the shells of two partially built hotels. Half way along the beach was a small shack where the owner sold us beers, he scraped a living giving diving lessons.
Next day we bought coffees from a bedouin and moved on, heading further south. The place was called Sharm El Sheikh.

I could never go back.

Sponsored Links
Gili Trawangan
An island off of Lombok.
The sand sparkled Neon blue at night.

A young Indonesian lad about 5 foot tall who run our accommodation. He had the most toned ripped body rode bare back horse with a broad Cockley accent yet had never left the islands.

Nearly got eaten by a Tiger shark.

My girls want to go there now so hopefully one day we will all go back.

No cars but how much has it changed

No idea Kim was like that.
She's had a bit o' work done since the early days...

d96b5uq-655fd398-5b09-47f5-930f-ccf9ce72285d.jpg

Back