What plasterboard type

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I have embarked on a home redecorate/renovation project, and am trying to do as much research as possible before diving in unprepared.

My apartment is the top floor of a 1950's apartment block and has the dreaded flat roof. The flat is cold in winter and boiling hot in summer due to there being no roof or ceiling insulation whatsoever. So I have decided to fit a false ceiling.

Can anyone give a bit of advice as to the type of plasterboard I should use, ie vapour control or thermal control?

Sponsored Links
You will need to tell us the construction of the roof structure and roof deck, presumably the void above your ceiling is not vented, what is the gap between your proposed ceiling height and the roof structure/deck? Any photos?

The roof structure is concrete, and the void appears to be vented.
I was thinking of having about 15cm gap between the roof structure and the new false ceiling.

I have an outside picture of the roof, where you can see the ventilation gap between wall bricks and the concrete slab. Sorry, it is a bit blurry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back