What product to use for re-grouting old quarry tiles? Thanks!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello members

I have old kitchen floor quarry tiles laid on earth, maybe ash too and was wanting advice on what products i would need to use for grouting in between the 5 to 10mm floor gaps. The floor does not have a DMP been over a 100 years old.I have cleaned the floor and have a breathable sealer ready to be used over the quarry tiled floor. However I need to regrout but I'm not sure what with, with it been old with no DPM and that it needs to breathe. Your help would be really appreciated thank you

P.s I also need to replace some tiles and was going to use sharp sand and lime nhl 3.5 for the bedding will this be ideal.
info on both issues would be appreciated

I have tried to do research, but all you find is blogs on how they sealed old floor tiles, i have not come across any info on what to do when some grout needs replacing. Such as what product to be used and if a product for grout needs to be mixed with other stuff

most gaps in between the tiles are filled, seeing that it had a stupid cement screed over before, I'm guessing this stuff has gone into the lines, so was going to clear all the unknown Crap from the grout lines and fill them in but not sure what to use, obvious something breathable.
which product thanks?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back